Welcome author, Kim Carmichael, here with us today.
1. Why did you choose to write ménage? What intrigues you about this particular genre? For me menage offered the ultimate fantasy. Two men who want one woman. I think there is something magical about it. Maybe I like being the center of attention 🙂 I am intrigued because of all the combinations one can have, and the pure decadence of the situation.
2. Tell us about your latest ménage release: what’s it all about? Where did you find the inspiration? Trifecta is a contemporary romance that focuses on three long time friends who decide to take their relationship to the next level together. They battle their own insecurities as well as what society expects from them. I tried to write it as a traditional romance that just happens to have three people.Honestly, the inspiration came from my own fantasy and wanting to answer the question on what would happen if you had two men? I wanted to see them in a contemporary, real-life setting.
3. Who is your favorite ménage character(s) and why? I have a soft spot for Jason in Trifecta. He seems so put together and confident, but he has his own insecurities. I also am a sucker for a man with his bangs in his eyes 🙂
4. In your opinion, what makes a good ménage novel? No matter the genre, I want fantasy, I want a Happily Ever After and I want an exceptional plot line. I love to lose myself in the world the author has created. I really like there to be more than sex in the story – though the sex is important too!!
5. What do you think of ménage romance in general? Do you think numbers are important in ménage stories? The more the better or maybe not? I believe that menage is a very viable genre. It offers a whole other dimension to the story and can add some great plot and conflict. I love a menage of three but I have read some with more and they are wonderful. I just think thats an awful lot of….well an awful lot. LOL But as I said, everyone has their fantasy and if they are done right anything can work.
6. What sparks your ménage imagination to the point of writing one? Is there a particular source of inspiration for your ménage stories? Honestly, I was drawn to the idea of writing a menage as a traditional romance for Trifecta. For Interchangeable, the word Interchangeable sparked my imagination. I have another menage I’m tossing around that was born out of another word. Sometimes its a sexy thought or a word, or a what if.
7. What is your favorite gender combination in ménage? More men than women? No women all men? Why? I personally love M/F/M. That is me and my fantasy. I think its a perfect triangle. I can see why everyone likes all the different combos, but for me that M/F/M is the ultimate.
8. Do you prefer to use straight, gay or bisexual male character? Why? What influences your choice? I personally keep them straight with maybe a bit of “experimenting” Honestly the reason is I just don’t know enough about certain things that I feel I could make it believable.
9. In your opinion, inside a ménage with more than one man, is the woman character condemned to a passive role? Or can she be portrayed as dominant? Is she just a toy, a doll in the men’s hands, or can she assert herself as a woman and an individual? I feel that you can make her as individual as you want. In contemporary romance I feel you need to make sure she’s her own person. At the end of the day she needs to consent or take over. Maybe its her idea!! Ohh now there’s a thought
10. In your opinion, can a true ménage work in real life? Why or why not? I think anything can work in real life. I hate to think we are all condemned to live one type of life because society says so. I think in a way a real menage would be amazing. It would have the benefit of being strong financially with another income. I think just like any relationship the trust would be the key.
11. Do you think there is a difference between ménage sex and ménage relationship? Are the two one and the same? Or can one be without the other? Absolutely. I think you can live the fantasy and have sex but a relationship is something completely different. In Trifecta I wanted to explore the relationship. Just like you can have a one night stand but not be in a relationship.
12. What do you think of reviews on ménage books? Do you find they capture the essence of your work? If yes, why? If no, why not? First may I say that your review was the most thought out, thorough review I have ever received. I like that rather than summarizing you spoke about what found in the story. I personally like specific reviews rather than general.
13. Tell us about your future projects. Do you have a new ménage romance coming out soon? I am currently working on my romance series, Indelibly Marked, which focuses on the loves and lives surrounding a Hollywood tattoo studio. It will be 10 books and I am having a blast with it. The first book, Permanent, is due out end of Fall. I do have a menage romance kicking around in my head, I have a little written on it so I am pretty exited about that.
14. Where can the fans find you and find your books?
15. Please tell us where readers and fans can find you on the net.
16. Is there anything you wish to share with the readers? I want to thank you so much for having me here, and I want to thank my readers for all their support. Anytime I go online I always find a friend!
Thank you so much Kim for this interview. I love to know more about the authors. Interviews give personal touches and sometimes I get some “behind the scenes” information that I attach preciously with the story I read from this author. Kim, I truly hope to read another long novel menage from you!
I wish you the best!