You want to know about me? I’m the dullest person ever, really. My head is so busy with story people I barely speak in real life.
When I’m not writing dangerously sexy stories, I’m gardening, walking the dog, or sleeping. Oh yeah, if it’s too cold and wet to garden then I’m scouring the house, reading good books, or watching movies.
Once in a blue moon, I wander out into the big world, usually to meet with friends and family.
1. Can you please tell us about you?
Truly I’m the dullest thing ever, an obsessed writer.
2. How many books did you published so far?
Fifteen, including two single author anthologies.
Tell us a bit more about it.
Dangerous Surrender, the first dangerous book, was my debut novel. The story was released in 2007 and is still available. Dangerous Rescue, the second dangerous book, followed in 2008, and Dangerous Secrets, the last of the series came out in 2009. All three are erotic romantic suspense adventures.
Enyo Chronicles I: Dalila’s Choice and Enyo Chronicles II: Joon’s Temptation, both sci-fi erotic ménage au trois stories, also released in 2009.
Wicked Games, Wicked Business, and Pirate Rules — all contemporary erotic romances, were also published in 2009.
In 2010, Demons and Dragons Book One: Ranin Seven — a futuristic erotic fantasy ménage romance and A Scarlet Past: Treeland Pack Tales Prequel– an erotic paranormal historical romance released.
So far this year, A Taste of Scarlet: Treeland Pack Tales I, an erotic paranormal romance, Camille’s Capture, an erotic futuristic fantasy ménage romance, and Demons and Dragons Book Two: Slave Market, plus a free erotic futuristic fantasy short story, set in the same world; Galaxy’s End have been published.
3. Your books are mostly sci-fi, can you tell us why?
As strange as this may sound, I pretty much write the characters that show up in my head. They dictate setting, dialogue, and plot. My role is to catch as much of the rapid fire information as possible and try to get it right. Frequently I fail and the characters either correct me or march off in disgust.
4. Your menages involve either 2 straight males or 2 bisexuals with one female. How do you pick the kind of menage in your books?
I don’t pick or decide much of anything, except punctuation and I get that wrong much too often. It’s really more accurate to think of me as stenographer for an amazing cast of characters than as an author.
5. How easy or difficult for you it is to write erotica menage romances?
Again, this depends on how patient and forthcoming the characters are. Since many of them are extreme Alpha males, very difficult. The heroines have issues of their own, but at least they usually talk to me. If it weren’t for the females, I’d still be scrambling to finish the first book.
6. If you had a place to refer to young authors to help them to develop their talent, where would that be?
Reading widely and often is the best possible training for a storyteller.
Stephen King’s book, On Writing and Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird are both crammed full of wonderful writing advice. They’re great places to start and well worth reading and rereading.
7. Who are your favorite authors and why?
Too many to list, but I’ll give you a sample:
- Isaac Asimov and Michael Crichton–both for their brilliant minds and original concepts, Georgette Heyer for the sparkling magic of the regency romance,
- Suzanne Brockmann for heroes I adore, including the navy SEALs,
- P.G. Wodehouse, Patrick McManus for making me laugh until my sides ache
- Rex Stout for Nero Wolfe, Archie Goodwin and the Brownstone
- J.R.R. Toilken for middle earth and hobbits
- Patrick Robinson for ripping good submarine thrillers
- Thomas Perry and Lee Child for riveting thrillers without submarines or high tech
- Patricia Briggs for enchanting stories
- Charles Dickens for memorable characters
- Leo Tolstoy for memorable stories
- J.R. Ward for vampires I believe and cheer for
- Lori Foster, Emma Holly, Rachel Gibson, and Julia Quinn for making me smile book after book.
This is a bare bones list, because I love to read.
8. What are your current projects and soon to be releases?
Next month, A Promise of Amber: Treeland Pack Tales II an erotic paranormal menage romance releases from Loose Id. In December, A Very Demon Christmas: Demon Hunters I an erotic paranormal romance will be available from Loose Id.
The rest I’m too superstitious to talk about until they’re contracted. 🙂
9. If you had a message to say to your readers, what would it be?
Thank you for allowing me to hang out with my imaginary friends and call it working. I’m touched and honored by your responses to my stories. You’re the best!
Thank you very much, Mrs Lorraine. It was a pleasure to interview you and get to know a little bit more about you! Live long and prosper with a lot of menage to come!