Genre: Parnaromal, werewolf
Menage: MFM, twins
Series: Midnight County, book 1
Length: 23,410 words / 70 pages
Published By: Siren Publishing
Published on: December 2012
ISBN # 978-1-62242-087-2
Twitter – Goodreads – Facebook
[Ménage Amour: Erotic Paranormal Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, werewolves, HEA]
After her grandmother’s untimely death, Abby Morgan returns to the small Southern town that was once her home to handle the affairs that have been entrusted to her. Shortly after arriving, Abby comes into contact with the ruggedly handsome Mitch Beaumont and is seeing double after she meets Mitch’s identical twin brother, Taylor.
Abby discovers that everything in Midnight Creek isn’t as it seems, and after a couple of hot encounters together, Abby is drawn more than ever to the twins. They make her feel special and wanted. It’s something she’s never had before in her life, and with them in her bed, it leads to her craving more pleasure from them. But when her life is suddenly put into peril, she must rely on the twins to save her.
Romance, mystery, and intrigue fill the air around Abby. Nothing is as she had ever known it before. But hey, this is Midnight Creek in Midnight County after all, where convention is tossed straight outta the window.
Note: There is no sexual relationship or touching for titillation between or among siblings.
Note: This book is written in one point of view.
How interesting and refreshing to read that the usual heroes are antiheroes.
First book I read from this author and I am always intrigued about it. I compare it with toffee chocolate: we never know if the inside will be yummy or yucky. Sometimes, it is not either, just take time to decide.
So lets see…
– I did not relate to the heroine, I found her a little cold and accepted way too fast and too well the paranormal world
– The town was deserted by most but it would be easy to sell the house: inconsistencies
– Not enough romance interaction and a bit too much of plot
– From strangers to lovers, it was way too fast and I felt that the sex scene was forced
– Sex scenes were way too short and not very original (1-2 pages)
– I loved the twins, they were very lovable
– I loved that the vampires were the villains and it was different from what I read already
– The plot was interesting and well developed
– It was easy to read from beginning to end. The path was just right.
– Darlette Clarke did not push the description on secondary characters like most Siren authors with their series and I found it very refreshing even if obviously it is book #1 of a series.
I thought it was a good read. I will follow this author on this pen name and see if she can jump a little bit more erotic in her next stories and add more steam between the charachers 😉
Sex Heat: 3
Equality Level: 5
Editing (poor/fair/good): good
Overall Rating: 3
You can buy Abby’s Twin Mates by Darlette Clarke HERE.
Like this review and my blog?
Subscribe & be updated by email!